2017 HSC RESULTS
Congratulations to the class of 2017.
It was with great pleasure that we welcomed back the distinguished High Achievers from the Graduating Class of 2017 on 1 February 2018. Before the ceremony, the High Achievers spoke to our current Year 12’s and provided them with some solid advice about the year ahead. It goes without saying that we are proud of all our students and their achievements, particularly those who achieved their personal best.
Of special note are the following achievements:
- David Welch - DUX - with an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) of 99.35
- 22 Students with an ATAR of 90 or above
- 2 students in the Premier’s All Rounders List – Nathaniel Gleeson and David Welch
- 66 students with 113 mentions on the Distinguished Achievers List for students who achieve over 90% in a subject
- 94% of subjects studied were above the State average.
- Harry Hunt placed 9th in the state for the construction examination from 2281 students who sat the exam.
- We wish the students well in the career paths they have chosen and challenge each one of our current students to model their commitment to study on that of the 2017 Year 12 students.
I would like to thank all teachers at St Patrick’s for the hard work and dedication that ensures our students have every opportunity to perform to the best of their ability.
- We also celebrated the achievements of our accelerated Mathematics Students who achieved a Band 6 in the 2017 HSC Examinations - Christopher Breen, Madelene Clancy, Ethan Kilham, Rachael Mauro, Lauren McCaffrey, Alexandra Mercieca, Leonardo Nosatti, Cait Roche, Liam Stokes and Mia Wilson.
And to quote a tweet from Pope Francis, which gives us inspiration when celebrating such success, a month after becoming Pope... “Do not bury your talents - the gifts that God has given you...Do not be afraid to dream of great things.” (April 2013)
I take this opportunity to express my delight at joining the St Patrick’s College community and I thank everyone in the community for making me feel so welcome. We ask God to bless our school community as we begin our journey together for 2018 and we look forward to God’s guidance over the coming year. I wish you all a very productive and successful school year.
Ms. Janine Kenney, Principal