The College has two Counsellors:
Mrs Rose Hughes
Mrs Allison Scott
Students are able to make appointments by directly speaking to either of the Counsellors in their office or at the staffroom at recess or lunchtime.
The Counsellors can be approached for all sorts of advice including:
- School work
- Study technique and how to improve this
- Stress and relaxation
- Issues with friends, family, teachers
- How to deal with name calling, bullying, etc.
- Information on drugs, alcohol, sexual matters, eating habits
- Dealing with depression and trauma
- Psychometric testing
In addition to individual assistance, there are also a variety of group programs that are run as well. These include:
Our Counsellors are also available to be of help to parents. Please feel able to consult them if:
- your child is experiencing difficulties with work;
- their behaviour is of concern to you;
- they do not appear to be happy at school;
- you wish some general advice.