This section sets out the operational aspects of implementing this policy, which may be varied from time to time by the Executive Director of Catholic Schools in response to changing circumstances. Principals and Enrolment Committees are required to follow the procedures current at any point in time.
1. The Enrolment Committee will process applications received during the major enrolment intake period for any year. Individual enrolments received outside the enrolment period are delegated to the school Principal.
2. The school will advertise the closing date for the official enrolment period so that the Enrolment Committee can assess the priority of applications. This does not preclude the Principal from accepting students to fill any vacancies after that date.
3. The Enrolment Committee Guidelines will outline the roles and responsibilities of the Committee.
4. The Principal is responsible for ensuring that the school’s Enrolment Committee is cogniscent of relevant legislation and the principles of procedural fairness.
5. Membership of the Enrolment Committee will include the Parish Priest or his representative, the school Principal or delegate, and a parent who is an active member of the local parish community.
6. When enrolling students with special needs, the student must in the first instance meet the usual eligibility requirements for enrolment.
7. Wherever possible, in situations where demand exceeds the available number of places, Principals will seek to assist students whom they are unable to accept to find a position in an alternate Catholic school.
Local parishes designated as "Catholic feeder parishes" are:
- St Patrick's, Sutherland
- St Joseph's, Como/Oyster Bay
- St Catherine Labourè, Gymea
- Our Lady Star of the Sea, Miranda
- Our Lady of the Way, Sylvania
Local schools designated as "Catholic feeder schools" for St Patrick's College Sutherland are:
- St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, Sutherland
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Como/Oyster Bay
- St Catherine Labourè Catholic Primary School, Gymea
- Our Lady Star to the Sea Catholic School, Miranda
Parish Priest Reference Form
For Catholic students attending a non-feeder primary school, a Reference Form from a Parish Priest from a feeder parish, ie St Patrick's Church Sutherland, St Catherine Laboure Church Gymea, St Joseph's Church Como/Oyster Bay and Our Lady Star of the Sea Church Miranda specifying an affiliation with that parish, should accompany the application.
Please click on the link below to download the Parish Priest Reference Form.