All students need to be AFFIRMED as well as CHALLENGED for their actions and behaviours:
- Students must be taught to take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- St Patrick’s College is committed to the development of good students and good people based on Gospel values;
- Teachers are committed to providing a healthy and caring learning environment for the benefit of all students at the College.
The College operates a comprehensive Award System, which recognises and affirms the personal endeavours and achievements of students.
1. Merits (Years 7-10)
Students are awarded Merits for a range of efforts and achievements across all aspects of College life. These Merits are recorded on a Merit page– kept in the College Diary and then tallied by the Pastoral Care Teacher.
- When a student has received 9 Merits he/she is eligible to receive a Bronze Award.
- Three Bronze Awards enables the students to receive a Silver Award. These awards are given to the students at the Year Assemblies.
- When a student has received 3 Silver Awards, he/she is then eligible to receive the Gold Award.
- The student receives the Gold Award from the Principal at end of year Awards Night.
2. Founders Points (Years 7-12)
Students are awarded Founders’ points in recognition of their positive participation in all aspects of College life. These points will be recorded on the College House Record card and tallied at the end of each term. The student in each Year group receiving the highest points each term will receive a reward. At the end of each year, all points will be tallied and two students, a male and a female, in Year 12 will receive the Founders’ Medallion, while two students, a male and a female, from Years 7-11 will receive the Founders’ Award. The award is named in honour of the Founding Orders of the College who followed the inspiration of Edmund Rice and Nano Nagle in establishing St Patrick’s College.
3. Perfect Attendance Award (Years 7-12)
Students receive this award at the end of each term for perfect attendance. Founders’ points are also given in recognition of this achievement.