A message from our College Principal, Ms Janine Kenney
At St Patrick’s, we are inspired by the commitment of Nano Nagle and Edmund Rice to justice, compassion and hope. As expressed in the College Motto and Vision, we seek wisdom in Christ through:
- Deepening students' understanding of Jesus and his message
- Engaging and challenging students in a dynamic educational process that recognises their uniqueness and inspires in them a love of lifelong learning
- Respecting the dignity and worth of each student within a caring and supportive environment
- Developing an open and inclusive College community that values and sustains all relationships between its members and with the wider community
In 2014, we engaged in a consultative process to determine key principles to guide our approach to learning and teaching. Teacher, student and parent voice were represented in this process. As a result, the College established the following key beliefs about effective teaching and learning known as the ‘St Patrick’s Pillars of Learning’ -
- Teaching and learning are most effective with clarity, when personalised and differentiated, and when engaging and passionate.
- Successful learners are motivated, independent and persistent.
Our College community’s success is the result of the extra mile that the staff are willing to go for the students. The extra time given by staff outside of class enhances community life at St Patrick’s. The St Patrick’s staff go to great lengths to provide the students with the best they can possibly give.
At St Patrick’s we aim to develop students who are confident, independent learners with a commitment to service in the wider community. The College offers students many opportunities through a broad range of courses and co-curricular activities. Each student is encouraged to take risks with their learning in a supportive, safe environment and achieve their best.