The College was co-founded in 1956 by the Christian Brothers and in 1960 by the Presentation Sisters. Thus began a tradition in education that has fostered and promoted quality learning, fidelity to the Gospel, academic excellence and an orientation to the service of young people and their families.
||A weatherboard church-school opens with 26 pupils
||Christian Brothers College established
||Mary Immaculate College established
||St Patrick's College name, crest, motto and uniform decided
||Full co-education for Years 7-12
||Completion of total site refurbishment
Recent history of our College commenced in 1992 when the amalgamation of Mary Immaculate College and Christian Brothers' College came into effect.
The title St Patrick's College was chosen to link in with the local parish church and primary school, both of which also carry the same title.
Today, the College carries on the traditions and charism of both Nano Nagle and Edmund Rice, the founders of the two religious orders.